Reliability, security, and performance are almost synonyms with the business environment.
Affordability might be an important aspect as well. But you should think about the laptop you’re getting for work as an investment.
Business laptops need to provide an added layer of security and with high performance. High durability is also a desirable feature. You’ll be carrying this thing around with you, so it makes sense that it should be durable.
Instead of running through the specs such a laptop should carry, we’ll take a look at a few laptop models.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga is one of the best business laptops out there. It’s a hybrid design that you can fold and use either as a laptop or a tablet. It also features an above average battery life of up to 9 hours on a single charge.
Weighing in at just 2.8 lbs, it’s not the lightest laptop in existence. But that doesn’t mean it’s not portable.
Lenovo also mentioned it’s built to withstand accidental liquid spills, drops, and dust particles.
- 2016 Latest Generation Lenovo Flagship X1 Yoga with Windows 10 Professional: legendary usability and uncompromising performance, merged with Yoga, the ultimate versatility.
- 6th Gen Intel Core i7-6600U Processor (4M Cache, Up to 3.40 GHz) | 16GB DDR3 1866MHz Memory | 512GB Premium SSD storage | Dockable ThinkPad Stylus Pen
- Premium 14.0" IPS FHD (1920x1080) Display. Integrated (720p HD) webcam, 802.11.AC 2 x 2 WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Windows 10 Professional | Dolby Home Theatre v4 audio enhancement ; stereo speakers, up to 11 hours battery life.
- Fingerprint Reader | I/O Ports: 3 USB 3.0 ports, Headphone/Mic Combo, OneLink Dock port, HDMI, Mini DP, Ethernet extension connection
Dell XPS 13
This laptop has become quite a sensation in the last months. It’s portable and it offers an extended battery life. It also comes equipped with the latest hardware. The XPS 13 is not under-priced, nor is it underpowered. It offers the latest generation Intel processor. It comes in a light 2.7 lbs package.
Yet it somehow manages to integrate a large 13-inch screen in a body found on 11-inch laptop models. The 12-hour battery life is not something you can overlook. This can last on even the longest commutes. It’s no wonder that people call it the “MacBook Air killer”.
- Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 520 Mini DisplayPort
- 8GB DDR3L-RS 1600 MHz Memory, 128GB SSD, 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 3.1 Type-C with Thunderbolt, Waves MaxxAudio 3, No Optical Drive
- 13.3 inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) Infinity-Edge Borderless Display, Webcam, 52 WHr 4-cell Battery(up to 11 hours battery life)
- 802.11ac Gigabit Wifi (Miarcast enabled), Bluetooth 4.1, Backlit Keyboard, 3-in-1 card reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Windows 10 Home 64bit, Weighs only 2.61 lbs, Measures 0.33-0.60 inch thin, Silver
Surface Pro 4
The Microsoft hybrid is fast. It’s also powerful and portable. With the keyboard attached, it weighs just 2.3 lbs, which makes it ultraportable. It’s quite like no other hybrid in the market today. The Surface Pro 4 represents the perfect mixture of power, portability, and versatility. It comes with a stylus pen. This can simplify tablet interaction when a mouse or keyboard is not present. But it’s also powerful.
The small Microsoft hybrid integrates a 6th generation Intel Core processor. The beautiful 2736×1824 pixel resolution screen is something you should also check out. It looks gorgeous!
- Surface Pro 4 powers through everything you need to do, while being lighter than ever before
- The 12.3" PixelSense screen has extremely high contrast and low glare so you can work through the day without straining your eyes
- Go from tablet to laptop in a snap with the multi-position Kickstand and improved keyboard (Sold seperately)
Toshiba Chromebook 2
This one’s for people looking for work laptops that are lightweight and affordable. The Toshiba Chromebook 2 might be the perfect for you. You need to make sure that you’re always connected to the internet. Like most Chromebooks, it doesn’t provide an impressive storage space. Chromebooks usually come with an added bonus of free massive cloud storage space. It’s got a 13-inch screen and boasts 8 hours of battery life. Several tests indicated that it’s faster than most budget laptops you’ll run into.
- Intel Core i3-5015U 2.1 GHz Processor
- 13.3-Inch Full HD IPS Display
- 4 GB RAM / 16 GB Solid-State Drive
- LED-Backlit Keyboard
Lenovo ThinkPad X260
The last one on you short list is another Lenovo. Why did it make it on this list? Well, for a 12-inch notebook, it’s got a massive battery life of up to 17 hours on a single charge. Sure, it’s bulkier, but with such a high battery life, do you even care?
Like most Lenovo laptop models, this one integrates the fingerprint scanner. Also, it comes with hardware encryption, for an added layer of security. It also feels solid. The carbon-fiber chassis earns it some serious bragging rights.
It weighs about 3 lbs, so it’s quite bulky for a 12-inch notebook. But with a high battery life and high performance, it more than makes up for it.
- ThinkPad x260
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- Made in China
Still haven’t found the business laptop that’s perfect for you? That’s ok, because we’ve included more in our ” Best Business Laptops in 2016 ” guide. You’ll run into a serious collection of the best portable hardware you can get today.