Best receipt scanners available on the market in 2016. Find out what’s worth buying based on the latest technology innovations and customer reviews.
If you save all your receipts for budgeting or tax purposes, you know it doesn’t take long to have a box overflowing with receipts. And if you don’t keep up with tracking you can feel overwhelmed by all of the accounting.
A receipt scanner is a scanner designed specifically for scanning and cataloging receipts. Not only will you have an image copy of all your receipts but the scanner software will extract the pertinent information. This data can then be used to create expense reports or exported to other financial software.
Receipt scanners are a smart invention and a huge time saver for the home business owner or anyone else who has to track expenses. However, the technology is far from perfect and receipt scanners have received mixed reviews from customers.
Here we have highlighted the bestselling receipt scanners along with some alternative options.
NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
- Eliminate the paper mess - scan receipts, business cards, and documents all in one batch
- Access and add your neat files from anywhere with your mobile device or Computer
- Keep all your information in one secure, organized place
- Streamline your workflows by sending data to Excel, turbotax, h&r block tax software, outlook, and more
- Easily create expense reports and export information
- Desktop ADF scanner with unique paper input tray
- Faster scanning
- Proprietary industrial design
Brother DS-620 Mobile Color Page Scanner
- Fast Scan Speeds up to 8ppm in color and black/white
- Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H") :11.4" x 2.1" x 1.4"
- Compact and lightweight measures under 12" in length and weighs less than 1 lb.
- USB Powered-included. No wall outlet required
NeatReceipts Mobile Document Scanner
- Slim and lightweight, can run on USB power from your computer
- Neat reads and extracts the information from whatever you scan - creating digital content
- Create tax or expense reports with receipt data, or export to Excel, or Quicken and sync contacts with Outlook or Address Book
- Includes a free 30-day trial of NeatCloud, to sync and back up Neat files, and access them anywhere from browser or mobile device
- Includes NeatCare - premium support and accidental damage protection for your NeatDesk - for as long as you are a NeatCloud customer