An updated list of top rated laptop cooling pads available on the market in 2016. Find out what’s worth buying based on the latest technology innovations and customer reviews.
Your laptop is overheating. You noticed that it gets pretty hot when you keep it on your knees, when you’re running multiple applications or games, and sometimes when you just simply leave it on standby.
To keep your laptop cool and prevent it from overheating, it is important to not obstruct the ventilation holes so that an air flow can be maintained for the whole duration your laptop is running.
This is why it is not recommended to keep your laptop on your knees or in bed or on any other surfaces that cover vents. The most recommended solution is to buy a cooling pad to act as a support and to ventilate your laptop.
Check out some of the top rated laptop cooling pads that will most certainly solve your laptop overheating problems.
Cooler Master – Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad
Designed to transcend the typical issues that plague notebook coolers, NotePal X3 utilizes a massive 200mm fan, metal mesh base and a dial wheel fan speed controller, all working in conjunction with one another to most effectively cool laptops up to 17 inches. In addition, a light breeze is directed towards your hands to keep them cool when working or playing games under pressure.
An integrated USB hub provides extra connections to give you the choice to add more peripherals and drives. Cooling enthusiasts with a need for a little flair will be overwhelmed by the performance of the NotePal X3 and the allure of its blue LED fan.
- Mesh surface and 1 fan provide a chill mat for your laptop, Ultrabook, notebook, or netbook
- High performance 200 mm fan with blue LED light helps dissipate extreme heat from gaming laptops
- Heavy duty profile provides a sturdy foundation for your laptop
- Front vent provides a smooth breeze that keeps your hands cool and dry
- Two different height settings provide improved comfort
- Built-in fan speed controller
- Supports various sizes including 15 inch and 17 inch laptops
Customer Review: I own two of these units. With premium laptops that frequently run “hot,” this cooling fan is an absolute must. It is easy to operate, very lightweight to move around and provides a nice platform on which to operate the laptop. Most important, the steady cool air that is generated by the fan helps counter the laptop’s heat to keep the computer operating at peak efficiency no matter what software is being used. I have had good experience with both units and highly recommend this product. …read more reviews!
HAVIT 15.6 – 17″ Laptop Cooling Pad
The space saving HAVIT HV-F2056 laptop cooler, can help you operate your laptop more efficiently without sacrificing the comfort and space you need whether you’re using it on a desk or your lap. Your laptop can stay cool and comfortable while you hard at work in your office, your living room, or anywhere in between.
- Ultra-Portable: Slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go
- Ergonomic Comfort: Doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable height settings
- Optimized for Laptop Carrying: The high-quality multi-directional metal mesh provides your laptop with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface.
- Ultra-Quiet Fans: Three ultra-quiet fans create a noise-free environment for you
- Extra USB Ports: Extra USB port and power switch design. Built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices.
Customer Review: Works great. I really feel the fan working. Keeps everything (and everyone) cool around the fan. I also like the blue light. Very pretty and it’s nice to have so you can keep in mind when the product is actually on. The fan runs fairly quiet compared to my laptop – especially when I have a game running. It has an on/off switch in the back that I appreciate so I don’t have to keep plugging and unplugging it to use. It’s really light too, in case anyone cared about that. …read more reviews!
Tree New Bee Cooling Pad for 15.6 – 17″ Laptops
A great laptop cooling pad to use at home or at the office. This cooling pad is ergonomically design for a better viewing and typing angle. Because of its design, it allows you to work or play on your laptop for prolonged periods without straining your neck, back and wrist. It is slim, portable, and lightweight allowing you to protect your PC wherever you go.
- Laptop stand helps keep laptops running cooler to help reduce crashes
- Computer workstations with four fans and two anti-skid arms, metal platform draws heat away from laptop
- Docking stations slim, portable and light weight allowing you to protect your PC wherever you go
- Extra USB ports and switch: Extra USB port and wind speed switch design, built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices
- Ergonomic comfort: Adjustable height setting, comfortable for natural point of view
Customer Review: The cooling fan has no problem keeping up cooling the Asus Republic of Gamers 17.2 inch computer that was purchased for my step son. I had one of these computers myself and it kept overheating after prolong hours of operation I had to make a custom built cooling system for it. With this cooling fan I didn’t have to go to that extreme this is an exceptional cooling fan and well worth the money …read more reviews!
Top Rated Laptop Cooling Pads
How To Keep Your Laptop Cool
Get yourself a laptop cooling pad. This is a separate device that is placed under your laptop, such that it supports your laptop, so that the air emitted by the cooling pad fans will dissipate the heat generated by the laptop. Since it dissipates all the heat away from your laptop, your laptop will cool down.
Most of cooling pads are only powered by USB, meaning that you do not need another power source to run the laptop cooler. Here’s what you need to consider:
Noise: Certainly one of the most important considerations out there. Some people want to keep their laptop cool while they are working in the office, and surely noise will disrupt and distract the working atmosphere in the office. Some fans will produce a lot of noise when turned on.
Price: Perhaps the second most important consideration. Do not be too thrifty when it comes to your own laptop! Some very cheap laptop cooler is well known to have flimsy parts that can break easily when it hits a hard surface. Surely this is not what you want if you carry your laptop around with you.
Design: For some people, elegance is the most important factor. There are various designs that you can choose in the market. Some of them have one fan, some of them have as many as 3 or 4 fans. The design is also important in the way it affects the air flow. If your laptop is very hot at the bottom, you should consider buying a laptop cooler that has fans that can divert the hot air sideways.